If you think that smart-assery is a sign of intelligence, if you think that sarcasm can be balanced with kindness, if you do the right thing even when no one is looking, if you like to have fun when you are working, and if you are a bad-ass copywriter, Houndstooth Media Group is the place for you.
We are building the airplane as we fly it and could use a few more big brains in the cockpit.
We are looking for a project-based copywriter. This person must be a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills. The ideal candidate is a professional who can write and edit copy for websites, blog posts, email campaigns, and social media, takes initiative, and pays attention to detail. Must be able to work closely with clients, grasp project requirements quickly and share valuable insight.
Primary Job Functions:
- Writing clear, compelling copy that is original, accurate, and meets client/company needs and deadlines
- Conduct thorough research and interviews to understand each client’s industry, products/services, target audience, branding, and marketing goals
- Work with clients and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging
- Assisting in other aspects of the creative or research processes to create cohesive, accurate content
Skills and Requirements:
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Use SEO best practices to maximize copy reach and please the Google
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Source images and other content
- Communicate well with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Positive demeanor and alignment with company core values: integrity, loyalty, thankfulness, kindness and humor. (Because if you can’t laugh about it, life’s gonna be kind of hard for you.)
Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Autonomous/Independent — Enjoys working remotely
- Creative — Enjoys writing copy that converts while being optimized for search
- Detail-oriented — meticulous in nature
Work is on a per project basis, with ongoing projects in the pipeline. Hours are dependent upon individual projects, workloads and priorities.