If you think that smart-assery is a sign of intelligence, if you think that sarcasm can be balanced with kindness, if you do the right thing even when no one is looking, if you like to have fun when you are working, and if you are a creative UI/UX wizard, Houndstooth Media Group is the place for you.
We are building the airplane as we fly it and could use a few more big brains in the cockpit.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer well versed in WordPress to assist in turning our software into an easy-to-use product for our clients. If you have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
Primary Job Functions:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
Skills and requirements:
- Proven work experience in designing responsive websites as a U/IUX Designer
- Proficiency in WordPress and Genesis themes
- Proficiency with Gutenburg Editor and using reusable blocks
- Web Design experience across multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and tablet specifically within WordPress
- Working knowledge of common UI/UX design patterns
- Experience customizing existing WordPress themes and child themes
- Experience in WordPress site optimization for increased performance and reduced load times
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Ecommerce experience is a plus (WooCommerce, Shopify)
- Experience with user testing is a plus
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to self manage deadlines in a virtual work environment
- Able to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Able to manage changing priorities and handle conflicting requests
- Self-starter that has a high capacity to get stuff done
- Utmost attention to detail
- Positive demeanor and alignment with company core values: integrity, loyalty, thankfulness, kindness, and humor. (Because if you can’t laugh about it, life’s gonna be kind of hard for you.)
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Autonomous/Independent — Enjoys working remotely
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys problem solving and meeting & surpassing challenging client expectations
Work is on a per project basis, with ongoing projects in the pipeline. Hours are dependent upon individual projects, workloads and priorities.