If you think that smart-assery is a sign of intelligence, if you think that sarcasm should be balanced with kindness, if you do the right thing even when no one is looking, if you like to have fun when you are working, and if you are a bad-ass software developer, Houndstooth Media Group is the place for you.
We are building the airplane as we fly it and could use a few more big brains in the cockpit.
We are looking for a PHP Developer well versed in WordPress to assist in turning our software into an easy-to-use product for our clients. You must be able to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable manner that improves the code-base for our product in a meaningful way. You will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
Primary Job Functions:
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
Skills and requirements:
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Experience with WordPress plugin and theme development
- Experience with WordPress network installs is a plus
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc.)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, preferred but not required
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to self manage deadlines in a virtual work environment
- Able to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Able to manage changing priorities and handle conflicting requests
- Self-starter that has a high capacity to “get stuff done”
- Utmost attention to detail
- Positive demeanor and alignment with company core values: integrity, loyalty, thankfulness, kindness and humor. (Because if you can’t laugh about it, life’s gonna be kind of hard for you.)
Work is on a per project basis, with ongoing projects in the pipeline. Hours are dependent upon individual projects, workloads and priorities.