WORDPRESS WEBSITE DESIGNER – WOOCOMMERCE PROJECT-BASED
If you think that smart-assery is a sign of intelligence, if you think that sarcasm can be balanced with kindness, if you do the right thing even when no one is looking, if you like to have fun when you are working, and if you are a bad-ass software developer, Houndstooth Media Group is the place for you.
We are building the airplane as we fly it and could use a few more big brains in the cockpit.
We are looking for a project based WordPress WooCommerce Developer. This person must have strong experience building WordPress websites and developing and managing ecommerce solutions. The ideal candidate is a professional who is strong in both design and development, takes initiative, pays attention to detail, has exceptional problem-solving skills and possesses the ability to adapt on the fly.
Primary Job Functions:
- Design custom, responsive WordPress websites, from simple informational sites to complex e-commerce builds and multi-sites
- Programming, website coding, and producing data-driven web applications using WordPress and WooCommerce
- Collaborate with web development team and project manager on site builds
- Consult with clients as needed
- Keep up on the latest trends and best practices in web development and ecommerce
Skills and requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of WooCommerce and WordPress
- Experience in designing responsive websites
- Proficiency in WordPress and Genesis themes
- Proficiency with Gutenburg Editor and using reusable blocks
- Experience in WordPress site optimization for increased performance and reduced load times
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues in existing websites
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to self manage deadlines in a virtual work environment
- Ability to manage changing priorities and handle conflicting requests
- Self-starter that has a high capacity to get stuff done
- Utmost attention to detail
- Positive demeanor and alignment with company core valuesPositive demeanor and alignment with company core values: integrity, loyalty, thankfulness, kindness and humor. (Because if you can’t laugh about it, life’s gonna be kind of hard for you.)
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Autonomous/Independent — Enjoys working remotely
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Work is on a per project basis, with ongoing projects in the pipeline. Hours are dependent upon individual projects, workloads and priorities.