Video is crucial for social media marketing. Consumers like videos and are drawn to them on every platform. Video pins on Pinterest are relatively new but they are making a big splash for those looking to market on the platform. Learn why you should be utilizing Pinterest video pins and how to upload them.
What’s the Big Deal?
If you are a frequent Pinterest user, you have probably noticed that video pins are taking off. They are often above the fold and in the top positions for search results. Initially, Pinterest only made Pinterest video pins available to big brands who were purchasing promoted pins. Now, video pins are available across a wide variety of accounts. Pinterest marketers are finding that the Pinterest algorithm is favoring videos. Analytics results show that video pins rank high for impressions and clicks. Want more eyes on your Pin? Make it a video pin.
Options for Adding Videos to Pinterest
- Upload directly to Pinterest: this option works best if your video is less than one minute long.
- Send the viewer to the video on your site: link the pin to a blog post that has your video embedded in it.
- Create an image that leads to YouTube: the image should have a play button that links to the full video on YouTube
While all of these will work, we recommend the first for optimal results. Give it a try as you may be surprised at how great the results are.
How to Direct Upload a Video Pin
According to the Pinterest Video Pins page, you can upload videos individually or use their bulk uploader for video pins. You can upload as much as 2 GB of video at once. To upload videos, follow these instructions from Pinterest:
- Login to your business account and click Create Pin from the homepage.
- Click and upload a video to Pin.
- Slide the selector left or right to the image in your video that you would like as your cover photo.
- Give the Pin a title and description. This description should include relevant hashtags.
- Add tags that are relevant to the content.
- Enter a website to link the video or image to.
- Choose whether to publish now or later.
- Add it to a board using the drop-down menu under ‘Choose a board’.
- Click Publish.
Have you tried Pinterest video pins yet? If you are looking to create a winning Pinterest strategy, you will definitely want to include them. Does all of this confuse you? Try our social media services for help with Pinterest!