WordPress, released in 2003, is a content management system. In simpler terms, it is a website builder. It’s actually the most used content management system in the entire world! Over one-third of ALL the websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. Let’s dive into what is WordPress and why you need it.
What Is WordPress?
Put simply, WordPress is a tool that you use to build your website. You do not need to be a developer or know how to use coding to create a site. The platform is free, open-source hardware that you can download and use to immediately start creating your website. In no time at all, you can have your own website up and running.
Why Should I Use This Site Building Platform?
There are many reasons that WordPress is the most popular website builder available to the public. Here are some of the top features that make WordPress a favorite:
- It is search engine friendly. Their framework makes it easy for a search engine’s spiders to crawl.
- WordPress offers flexibility and ease of use. Web site builders can use a variety of plugins to customize their site for a variety of purposes: blogging, eCommerce, and more.
- Security and safety are ensured thanks to the staff’s constant updates to the framework.
- Mobile-friendly sites are crucial right now, as more users have handheld devices. Most themes are automatically responsive so you don’t have to worry about making changes to your site.
- WordPress integrates well with both social media platforms and popular 3rd-party platforms. This helps keep your site relevant and modern.
- The platform supports several eCommerce solutions, such as WooCommerce, so you can sell on your site.
- You can update your site immediately from almost anywhere. Use the app to add or update content and blog posts to make changes to your site right away.
So, now that you know the answer to the question “what is WordPress” are you ready to dive in? There are many things to love about WordPress as a site building tool, and many more reasons to use it to build your brand’s website. While the service is user-friendly and easy to learn, you can save time by letting a team of professionals build your site for you. Houndstooth Media Group can give you the peace of mind that comes with letting an experienced and established professional create your website. See how we can help here!