No matter what kind of website you run, you’ll always always always benefit from evergreen web content. What is evergreen web content? In simple terms, it is timeless content that will provide residual views for years to come. Keep reading to get a detailed explanation as to why this content will be the lifeblood of your website, and how it’s a simple-yet-powerful way to stay at the top of search results and continually build brand awareness.
What is Evergreen Content?
Christmas trees are a perfect example. All year long, they display forest green leaves. No matter the climate outside, they produce results.
When it comes to blog content, there are three types of stories:
- Seasonal – Content that applies to holidays or other seasonal topics such as “December Social Media Holidays and Hashtags” or “The Best Christmas Movies of All Time.” These stories can provide residual views at certain times of the year, but will not be relevant every day or season.
- Breaking – Content that is relevant to that moment in time such as “New Search Engine on the Block,” or “Kim Kardashian has Cooked up Another Wild New Fashion Trend.” These stories only provide front loaded views, but usually die down after a few days.
- Evergreen – Content that never loses relevance and will drive traffic to your site year round such as “What is Site Speed and Why is it Important?” or “The 100 Greatest Guitar Players of the 80s.” These stories are always relevant and can attract visits to your site for years after they are published.
There is a place on your site for all three types of articles and it is important to maximize your content to hit all three categories if you want to be effective in building your brand. However, evergreen content should be constantly fed to your avid readers as well as newcomers.
Evergreen Content is Not
- News stories
- Numerical reports that might change and go out of date
- Holiday or Season related content
- Blog posts about current trends or fads
- Latest fashion trends
What is Evergreen Web Content?
Blog posts are a common and easy way to create evergreen content, but you can use your creativity to make content in different formats. Here are some examples for ways to turn your blog into a luscious green garden of year round content.
- Tips and Tricks
- Encyclopedia Style Articles
- Product Reviews
- Video Content
- Best Practices
- Compare and Contrast
What is Evergreen Content to SEO?
Evergreen content can be a boon for your website’s SEO, but you have to do more than just create great content. Do your research on popular keywords and phrases. Find those recurring discussions that people have on the daily.
For instance, “How to Monetize a YouTube Video” is an important topic for aspiring content creators. “YouTube” is one of the most searched keywords so far in 2022. It stands to reason that people will be making youtube monetized content for the foreseeable future. By capitalizing on that need, aspiring youtubers will flock to your page in steady numbers.
Good evergreen content drives traffic and traffic drives up your SEO which, in turn, drives more traffic to your site. Think of it like an expanding circle that brings more conversions with it.
Finding topics that are always relevant is not too difficult, but it is a skill that takes some honing. Using keyword research tools will help you get started, but the rest is up to you, your strategy, and your awareness. Pay attention to common troubleshooting issues or frequently asked questions from colleagues or clients in your industry and give them the answer or solution in your blogs. Not only does this position you as an expert, but it will drive traffic. With evergreen content, the sky’s the limit.
Have fun with branding your site and your business. You know your audience and you know what they are always looking for regardless of their position in your sales funnel. Utilize that knowledge to create evergreen content that will really stand out. Want help with your content creation and SEO strategy? We know running a business gets busy. If you really want to take your blog to the next level and have your clientele view you as the expert in your field, find a copywriting team who can generate engaging content that keeps your audience wanting more.